Clinical Breathing Techniques
In this three-part short course, you will learn how to implement simple and practical Buteyko+ breathing practices for your patients best health outcome.
12 Months OR Subscriber Pass
4.5 Hours total
About this course
In this three-part short course, you will learn how to implement simple and practical Buteyko+ breathing practices for your patients best health outcome. These are highly-effective natural therapies that are easy for your patient to do, cost them nothing and yield incredible health results. If you don’t do this for your patients, do it for yourself!
Mim Beim has been using breathing as a therapy for her patients for nearly ten years and finds it to be one of her most valued therapies.
The breathing protocols Mim provides are simple to teach and benefit a wide range of conditions. You will learn the mechanisms that underpin the benefits of the breathing techniques such as;
- Relaxing smooth muscle (respiratory tract, GIT, blood vessels)
- Switching on the parasympathetic nervous system
- Increasing nitric oxide
- Reducing mucosal swelling
- Improved peripheral circulation
- Improved athletic performance
Hundreds of thousands of people have successfully applied the Buteyko Method to resolve and relieve a myriad of health conditions including;
- Chronic sinusitis
- Recurrent respiratory infections
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Constipation, diarrhoea and GORD
- Anxiety and mood disturbance
- TMJ, teeth clenching and grinding
- Insomnia, restless sleep and ti’s many consequences
- Sleep apnoea and snoring
- Stiff and sore neck and shoulders
- Chronic fatigue
What you receive:
Clear protocol explanations from some of the world's top practitioners
Clinical pearls for improved practice results
Access to your audio and video recordings via the App Store
A downloadable PDF of the presenter’s slides
Links to all referenced research papers and useful clinical handouts
Access to the community hub where you can get answers to your questions
A 30-day money back guarantee
From this course you will
- Learn about the role of carbon dioxide in nervous and vascular function
- Find out how to quickly become calm and relaxed
- Discover when a breathing technique is a very good option for your patient
- Learn how to explain the benefits and techniques to your patients and which techniques are most appropriate for which patients
- Discover how breathing affects many systems of the body and therefore benefits many conditions
What's in this course
Mim Beim has been practising naturopathy for nearly 30 years. She has written nine books and was a long-term columnist for Sunday Telegraph’s Body and Soul, Sun Herald’s Tempo, Good Health & Medicine and Family Circle. Mim helped create and star in two TV Foxtel series and is a regular on morning television. She was the triple j naturopath for seven years in the early 1990’s, and another four years with ABC’s Nightlife host, Tony Delroy. Mim lectures to naturopathic students at Endeavour College. She has two practices, one in Bowral in the Southern Highlands, the other in the heart of Sydney.
Mim is a Fellow of the Naturopaths and Herbalists Association of Australia (NHAA), a full member of the Australian Society of Authors, and also a Fellow of Buteyko Professionals International (BPI). Recently she has been honoured with the award EXCELLENCE in PRACTICE (Naturopathy and Herbal Medicine) by the 2017 BioCeuticals Integrative Medicine Awards. In 2011 Mim travelled to the US to study with Patrick McKeown, world-renowned expert in the Buteyko Breathing Technique. Since that time, Mim has been teaching the Buteyko technique and says it has transformed her practice.
Join our Facebook Alumni Group to stay in touch, ask questions & receive course updates.
Accelerate patient health with our trusted online postgrad platform